Function: To assist the lead teacher in the care, education and nurturing of students.
Responsibility and authority: The Assistant Teacher will work with teachers to:
1. Help with lessons and classroom activities
2. Assist with meal preparation and service as needed.
3. Help stock and prepare lesson materials.
4. Assist with outdoor activities.
5. Do light, daily cleaning and organizing tasks, including meal clean up.
6. Provide physical care and cleaning of young children as required, including toiling and hand washing needs.
7. Help change diapers when indicated.
8. Comply with operating and State of Texas Licensing policies.
9. Attend monthly staff meetings.
10. Participate in greeting, dismissal, play time as directed.
11. Use approved discipline and redirecting techniques appropriately.
Reports to: Lead Teacher, then Childcare Director
Employment: This is a full or part-time hourly position. Rate of pay is determined by the Director based on experience and education.
Education, Early Childhood