We are seeking an Arts Critic / Culture Reporter to cover the NYC visual arts scene and museums. The candidate must have a real passion is contemporary art and the skill to write about it with clarity, elegance and a distinctive point of view.
You'll tell rich stories that connect art and the human experience. Though you're not necessarily a critic, you're someone who can be critical.
Please note that we are proposing a volunteer-based collaboration. There will not be any salary.
- Write interviews, reviews, press release, news stories, trend pieces, profiles and features that spotlight issues and personalities.
- Fine arts listings of activities and events.
- Develop ideas.
- Turn in clean and accurate copy, written with verve, depth and meaning.
-Special assignments identified by the director of media relations.
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in Communications, Journalism, English with 1+ years of experience in copywriting and art critics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills . Must possess knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning, spelling, and use of words; rules of composition; and grammar.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work well with media and juggle deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task under tight deadlines.
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, and good organizational skills.
- Knowledge of social media marketing.
- Proven ability to deliver print, online, and broadcast coverage.
- Fun energetic and out going personality.
- Smart, quick worker with a can do attitude.
Art Critic, Writers