This position is a part time after-school teaching position (1:30-6:30) pm Monday-Friday, plus an hour for staff meetings, for an average of 25-28 hours a week.
Kids Soar, is a faith based non-profit 501(c)3, holistic, multi-generational organization, whose mission is to support children and their families, in K-6th grade, by providing skills, opportunities for growth, and education for a successful future. Our long term goal is to alleviate poverty through literacy.
· Teach Kidzlit Curriculum to 10-12 students of varying backgrounds, cultures, and languages
. Support K-6th grade students in the Virtual Academy
· Create a classroom environment that is welcoming, inclusive, and culturally sensitive
· Walk children through the schedule of Kids Soar Literacy after school program
· Be a team player, and be flexible (We are a nonprofit and we all wear many hats)
· Being faithful in executing the Kidzlit curriculum with integrity and vitality
· Fully engage and share in the learning process with the children as they grow in their love of reading
· Able to follow all COVID-19 policies. Policies are in place to keep teachers and children well.
· Communicate with Director about child’s progress and class progression
· Follow all policies and procedures outlined in the Kids Soar Employee Handbook
· Imagine, dream and prayerfully design the lessons to be inclusive, multicultural, holistic, conducted in a wholesome place where all families are encouraged and welcomed into the fold of this ministry
Candidates should be punctual, organized, great at communication and a team player. Candidates should have a love of children and lots of patience. Kids Soar works with families of all cultures, races, languages and economic status.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to attending weekly meetings, supervising outdoor playtime, supervising meal time, lesson planning, classroom management, and following all policies and procedures to ensure safety and accountability. Candidates must be able to pass a fingerprint background check and have a health form signed by a physician. Candidates must be flexible and understanding that working with children takes a great deal of patience, persistence and joy in knowing that the daily routines you help create benefit children in amazing and powerful ways.
Would prefer a candidate with experience or education in early childhood education.
Training is provided!
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $11.00 - $12.00 per hour
To keep our staff and children safe we have a COVID-19 plan, and have enacted several new policies. We will be happy to share it with you during the interview.
part time, afternoon, teacher, kids,