Volunteer Kids' Farm Naturalist
Join In The Farm Fun!
Oxbow will host thousands of kids through the spring, summer, and fall for our seasonal Farm Adventures. Primarily pre-school and early elementary-aged students visit the farm for 75 or 90-minute hands-on farm tours facilitated by farmer and volunteer instructors. Kids learn about plant parts and varieties, soil, compost, worms, pollinators, ways to connect to nature, and more!
Volunteer Naturalists lead tours for up to 14 kids (and their chaperones) around our two-acre Kids’ Farm & Living Playground, observing nature and tasting the season’s bounties. When no tours are scheduled, volunteers may assist the OxEd team in a variety of farming tasks. Only a moderate understanding of food and farming is necessary, training is provided and there are many ongoing opportunities to learn from our expert staff and fellow volunteers!
• 35+ hours of community service each season
• Develop skills and experience teaching and facilitating outdoor environmental education
• Add to your resume and explore new careers, receive a letter of reference from staff
• Learn basic organic farming techniques
• Connect to other community members with shared interests
• Inspire the next generation to eat healthy foods, enjoy gardening, and value conservation
• Work as a team with Oxbow staff in a fun and collaborative environment
• Spend time at a beautiful organic farm just outside of the city of Seattle
• Take home fresh, seasonal organic produce every time you volunteer!
Commitment: One day per week (~two tours/wk) during current season of programming: April-June; June-August; or September-November. Longer term commitments are more than welcome!
All volunteers must agree to a background check, to ensure the safety of children and staff.
For more details and to apply, please visit ------------
Questions? Contact us any time at ------------ or call------------ x3
farming, gardening, education, environmental, youth, health, food, unpaid, volunteer, farm