Title: Video Intern
Organization: Houston Cinema Arts Society
Location: 4409 Montrose Blvd, Suite #150, Houston, TX
Reports to: Marketing and Communications Manager
Contact: Michael Robinson | michael @ ------------
Part Time Position
Houston Cinema Arts Society seeks an organized and creative Video Intern to produce and manage in-house video content for festival-related needs. With a five day film festival in November with over 20 events, the video intern is responsible for managing video content to be played at each event, managing videographers to document events, and logging footage for archival purposes. The video intern will also manage video creation for the lineup reveal party, producing original content for the festival, and editing footage to be released after the festival.
The ideal candidate will be independent, self-managing, and organized, with moderate to high level experience with Adobe Premiere. The candidate should also be passionate about film, exhibition, and strive to produce high quality work. The candidate should also be equally comfortable in both taking initiative and taking direction.
- Manage Video Assets
- Manage Content Creation, from collection, documentation, organization, and production
- Produce Launch Party Lineup Reveal Presentation (roughly 15 minutes)
- Produce 30 second Festival bumper
- Produce 10 minute pre-show reel for festival
- Manage CineSpace Assets
- Log and document footage from the festival
- Maintain existing video database
- Create video content for web and social media
- Other related duties
- Current or recent undergrad in film, communications, or related field
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere Pro, other Adobe products a plus
- Experience in a non-profit or video production environment a plus
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Excellent self-management and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
This position has a flexible schedule with 2 days a week needed for 6 hours a day, suggested work hours of 10:00am to 4:00pm. Work begins in early September (flexible start time) and continue through the middle of December, with the option to continue in the spring.
This position accepting applications until August 26th. Qualified candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, work examples, and 2 references to michael @ ------------ with the subject line “Video Internship”.
About Houston Cinema Arts Society:
Houston Cinema Arts Society (HCAS) is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization dedicated to presenting innovative films, media installations, and performances that celebrate the artistic process and enrich Houston’s culture and urban vitality. Created in 2008 with the support of former Houston Mayor Bill White and philanthropist Franci Neely, it organizes and hosts the annual Houston Cinema Arts Festival, a groundbreaking and innovative festival featuring films and new media by and about artists in the visual, performing, and literary arts. The Festival celebrates the diversity of the arts in Houston and elevates the city’s film and arts scene.