Video Editing Internship
Immortal Cinema International's Internship Experience is intended to offer an unpaid opportunity to have a professional learning experience in the film industry for which students will receive Academic Credit through the internship program of their college, university or other degree program.
IMMORTAL CINEMA INTERNATIONAL, LLC (ICI) is a new Los Angeles production company based in Sherman Oaks / Van Nuys / Burbank, CA, founded by Award-Winning Filmmaker, Noah Berlow, recipient of the Ithaca College Outstanding Young Alumni Award. ICI is seeking to fill the following (unpaid) intern positions for the Spring / Summer 2020 Semesters.
Only college students receiving academic credit will be considered.
• Assistant Editor(s) -- Full or part time internship on Feature Films, Documentaries, Music Videos, Commercials, TV Pilots • Sound Design Intern-- For interns looking to pursue a career in production and post production sound work including sound recording, sound FX, Foley work and sound mixing
• Development / Script Coverage -- Full or part-time internship reading and covering scripts under development and pre-production with ICI. This internship also includes hands on screenplay writer’s assistant duties.
• Documentary Intern --- Internship focus will be primarily on editing and developing Documentary Projects as well as other works of non-fiction. Part of ICI’s company mission is to produce socially conscious documentary projects that focus on promoting positive change.
• Camera Operator / Assistant -- Part-time position on various shoots throughout the semester NOTE: All interns will have the opportunity to join our crew on several ongoing productions throughout the semester for our current roster of Feature Films, Documentaries, TV pilots, Web Videos, Commercials and Music Videos.
Our current projects include:
• Narrative Feature Films currently in Post Production
• Feature Film in Pre-production
• Narrative Short Films in Pre-Production and Post-Production
• Multiple MUSIC VIDEOS with international recording artists in various stages of pre- production / post-production
• Six Feature Films in development (two comedies, a thriller, a dark political drama)
• A Documentary Feature coupled with social commentary
• A Documentary Feature Film on the current state of the Music Industry
• A Documentary Feature Film on the Race Across America (the world’s most dangerous Bike Race)
• Other Documentaries on current international social and political issues (For examples of projects similar to what you might be working on, please scroll down to view some sample links below.)
The Ideal Intern:
• Intern MUST be earning college credit
• Is organized, thorough, accountable, dedicated, and professional
• Is based in Los Angeles for the semester, but not required.
• Remote Supervision is available if your school allows it.
• Car is not required
• Can work flexible hours from home including nights and weekends
• Has a positive professional attitude and a passion for storytelling
• Respects Strict Confidentiality with a signed Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) which is required on all projects.
Requirements for Post-Production Internship:
• Has experience with Adobe Premiere CC and/or FCP7 and/or FCPX and/or Davinci Resolve (or has a passion to learn it inside and out!)
• Owns a MacBook Pro Laptop, high-powered PC laptop, iMac, Mac Pro Tower, or PC Desktop with editing software installed on it (if not, please still apply as we may be able to accommodate you)
• Owns an external hard drive with available hard drive space for projects (2-4TB) • Can look through hours of raw footage and determine what shots/scenes are good selections to include in a cut
• Has experience with (or an interest in learning) Color Correction
• Has experience with (or an interest in learning) Sound Design / Sound Mixing
• Has experience with (or an interest in learning) VFX and other editing software including ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS
• Collaborates well with others currently attending your internship program (roommates who have worked together in the past are encouraged to apply together!)
• Knows Photoshop or Motion Graphics (HUGE PLUS but not required)
The Ideal Camera Operator Intern:
• Owns an HD camera (DSLR, etc.) and has solid camera operating experience.
• Has experience in lighting
• Is patient, professional and takes direction on set Loves to shoot and edit what they shoot!
These internship positions are A HANDS-ON, CHALLENGING, PROFESSIONALLY SUPERVISED LEARNING OPPORTUNITY (and lots of FUN!) TO APPLY FOR ANY OF THESE FILM INTERNSHIPS, Please email the following items to
Please email to ------------
1) your cover letter
2) your full resume along with
3) your school's internship application forms and requirements for internship credit.
PAST ICI CREDITS
"what if..." ***winner of the 2019 DAN ELDON ACTIVIST AWARD
Slash presents: "The Making of Apacalyptic Love"
Godsmack Bulletproof Music Video
FATE - SHORT ACTION FILM
Red Hot Chili Peppers - The Adventures of Rain Dance Maggie
Game of Thrones Promo
Metallica Through the Never EPK
Travis Barker x YelaWolf - Whistle Dixie Music Video