Global Green USA is seeking an intern in our NYC office to start as soon as possible to support project research and pilot planning for our work toward building more sustainable cities. In this unique role, the intern will provide research and development support for collaboration and synergy between both local and national initiatives. With our projects will be connecting on the ground pilots with their broader business, environmental and policy implications. Projects are currently underway or in development in NYC, DC and New Orleans - with potential expansion in Texas and Puerto Rico.
Activities will include
- Support to local Sustainable Neighborhood projects and related research (30%)
- Research and Outreach for the national Sustainable Cities program (40%)
- Collaborating with Global Green staff on emerging research areas and special projects (30%)
Interns will have the opportunity to learn about innovative waste diversion technologies and systems;
Examples of sample tasks include:
- Research innovative policies
- Assist with on-the-ground pilots;
- Answering phones (reception desk)
- Drafting reports and letters and quality-assuring reports;
- Researching relevant contacts and conducting initial outreach to potential partners;
- Assist with administrative tasks.
- Must have an interest in sustainability, waste diversion, and/or related environmental issues.
- Must have strong writing and research skills.
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Must have effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Spanish language fluency is preferred.
More on the project: Sustainable Cities: ------------
This is an unpaid internship. Academic credit is strongly preferred. This internship will include work with Global Green and also on-site with partner non-profit, academic and/or private sector organizations. The internship will consist of in-person meetings at Global Green's office, remote project research and project work or events in NYC.
sustainability, climate change, recycling, food, food waste, environment, policy, innovation,