Sustainability Outreach Intern
Designgreen seeks one or more interns to support outreach and recruitment for participation in DC’s voluntary incentive programs - Green Wrench and Green Roofs.
Working in small collaborative teams, you will meet with individual property owners and automotive repair shops. You will conduct site assessments, design pollution prevention plans, discuss program goals and processes with owners and businesses. You will perform field verifications and track outcomes.
If interests and availability align, participation is possible on a range of projects spanning green infrastructure design, policy research, educational training, and workshop/charrette facilitation.
• Participate in door-to-door education and recruitment campaigns
• Use email and phone calling to pursue and follow up on leads
• Keep field logs and input data to track effort and outcomes
• Support site assessments and verifications
• Promote programs on social media posting and at community events
• Take meeting minutes, assist with file management, scheduling, etc.
• University degree or near completion
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• O365: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Outgoing affect
• Nimble across social media platforms
Other Job Requirements
• Valid driver's license
• Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
• Availability for occasional evening and weekend
• Familiarity with Washington DC neighborhoods (or willingness to learn)
Helpful Competencies Microsoft Teams, Adobe Creative Suite, AutoCAD, ArcGIS
$15 per hour + based on experience; share-office seat; orientation/training provided
This is a minimum 5-month commitment. It can be full or part-time; a minimum of 10-hours weekly is required. Hours can be set or flexible. Availability during normal business hours is mandatory. Multiple positions possible. Amharic and Spanish speakers encouraged to apply!
Email resume to xxx-xxx-xxxx subject line “Outreach Internship”. State interest and availability. Hiring immediately, open until filled.
We are civil engineers, scientists and educators. Our practice uses ecosystem-thinking and a collaborative design approach to create an urban environment that works for all.
Designgreen is an equal opportunity employer.
green infrastructure, environmental advocacy, social impact, resliency, stormwater