Consumers for a Responsive Legal System (“Responsive Law”) is seeking interns for the 2020 Summer semester.
Responsive Law is a national, nonprofit advocacy organization that works to improve accessibility, accountability, and affordability in the civil justice system. We advocate for more competition in the provision of legal services, better self-help options for the legal system's customers, and improved legal literacy for those customers.
Interns will work directly with the Executive Director and will engage in policy research in support of our advocacy efforts before state legislatures, bar associations, and supreme courts.
Internships can range from 15 to 40 hours per week, and specific hours are flexible. Responsive Law is willing to work with students to receive course credit.
Applicants should send a resume and letter of interest by email to ------------. For more information about the organization and its advocacy, visit ------------.
- Conduct policy research on legal policies across all 50 states;
- Write blog posts, update, and edit website;
- Assist in donor communications and donor database management; and
- Perform other duties and special projects as needed.
- Currently in process of obtaining a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college;
- Research experience and strong writing ability;
- Ability to work with limited supervision;
- Good time-management and organizational skills;
- Demonstrated interest in or experience in law; and
- Passion to learn.
Policy, Non-profit, Legal