**Please note this internship is only for academic credit. Please inquire within your department to ensure academic credit will be honored.**
Come join The Rug Truck, a growing e-commerce startup dedicated to delivering quality area rugs and service to its customers. We’re looking for an organized, self-motivated, and excellent writer to act as a part-time REMOTE copywriting intern for its content marketing.
The Rug Truck is marrying decades of industry experience, business acumen, and digital marketing strategy to disrupt the entire area rug industry through our e-commerce platform.
· Our customer experience focused business model is distinct from our competitors
· We’re in the exciting stage of completing foundational longform content for our website
Why Should You Apply?
· Seeking to build a robust portfolio of published writings
· Refining copywriting skills in an e-commerce environment
· Broadening your working knowledge of SEO best practices
· Learning content marketing strategy
· Drafting and editing blog posts, news articles, and website copy
· Research subject matter, competitors, industry, and target audience
· Monitor trends in area rug/interior design industry
· Other duties as assigned
The intern is expected to:
· Complete assignments on time and work within tight deadlines
· Send supervisor(s) progress updates throughout each week
· A minimum of five hours per week of content creation
· Minimal to no spelling and grammar errors prior to initial draft submission
· Quick turnaround of feedback for edits
· Knowledge of SEO best practices is preferred
· Excellent writing and organization skills
· An earnest learner that responds to feedback
· Detail-oriented yet proficient in multitasking when required
· Professional demeanor
Job type: Part-time, remote.
Job length: 2 months with the opportunity
Reports to: SVP of Marketing & Brand Strategy
Academic Credit: Upon request
Internship, summer, 2020, 2020Internship, summerInternship, copywriting