Social Media Internship
Position: Spring 2020 Communications / Social Media Volunteership
# of Hours: 10-20 hours per week
Paid/Unpaid: Unpaid with the ability to use towards college credit
Overview of Suit Up
Founded in 2014, SuitUp is a 501c3 non-profit organization that increases college and career awareness with students from low-income high need communities. SuitUp organizes one-day student business competitions for corporate volunteers where employees help students solve a problem for a real company, like creating a new shoe for Nike or a new product for Beats by Dre. Since inception, SuitUp has hosted competitions for organizations like Goldman Sachs, NBCUniversal, LinkedIn and many others, organizing events for over 3,000 volunteers and impacting more than 5,500 students.
SuitUp is currently seeking an Intern to support our social media and communications strategy. This volunteership is an opportunity to gain experience in the communications field, especially as it pertains to the non-profit and social sector.
• Create and maintain content for social media presence and develop content strategies specifically for Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
• Develop new social media campaigns considering our industry and customer needs
• Research news and trends within the education and corporate social responsibility space and provide actionable tips to reach stakeholders through digital space
• Research corporations that could be interested in partnering with SuitUp
• Support the writing and formatting of newsletters to stakeholders and donors
• Assist in updating website
• Additional responsibilities deemed necessary by supervisor
Skills and Requirements
• Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in related field (English, Marketing, Non-Profits, Communications, Graphic Design)
• Effective communicator, both written and oral
• Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, Powerpoint, Excel).
• Familiarity with social media strategies and platforms
• Ability to work well independently
• Enthusiasm for the mission of Suit Up and the communities
• Experience working in a start-up organization in which everyone wears many different hats
• Network with our diverse client base, which includes thousands of volunteers from some of the largest companies in the world such as Deloitte, Moody’s, KPMG, NBCUniversal, and Goldman Sachs
• Join a talented team in a fast-paced start-up environment in New York City
• Increase career awareness and marketable skills for thousands of students in low-income communities
• Flexible work schedule with the ability to work remotely as needed
How to Apply
To apply, please send your resume to our HR team at ------------, and include a short paragraph to answer the following questions:
1) Why you are interested in the volunteership?
2) How would you bring your creative energy to this role and contribute to SuitUp’s mission?
3) What is the number of hours you can commit to this position?
4) Using the sample image below, please create a mock SuitUp Instagram post and caption.
Internship, nonprofit, education, social media, spring 2020