Special Events & Marketing/Communications Intern
Walk With Sally is a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide hope through individualized mentoring and community support services to empower children experiencing trauma through a parent, guardian or sibling’s cancer journey. In order to provide these free-of-charge services, we hold two annual large fundraisers, and increase our exposure through smaller more regular special events.
The Special Events & Marketing/Communications Intern will work directly with the Director of Communications & Special Events and the Director of Development to ensure the effective completion of all Walk With Sally sponsored special events. We will be focusing on our annual White Light White Night gala event, as well as smaller mixers and other marketing related events.
1. Assist in all “donation-development/generating” sub-event activities such as silent auction, live-auction, opportunity drawing, merchandise sales, Stand-Up-For-A-Child WLWN, mobile phone campaigns, social media donation campaigns and/or other
2. Assist in accounting for receipts of donations and execute thank you notes to key donors.
3. Assist in tracking and processing event expenses.
4. Research and solicit in-kind donations.
5. Assist event leadership as needed.
6. Assist with all marketing and public relations needs including social media, email campaigns and website updates via WordPress.
7. Assist with execution of special events and mixers where possible.
Interest in the non-profit sector and previous special events experience is a plus.
Equal Opportunity - Walk With Sally is an equal opportunity corporation. Walk With Sally does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin or handicapped status. Walk With Sally takes all necessary steps to comply with existing Federal, State and Local Fair Employment Laws and Guidelines of not-for-profit corporations.
marketing, communications, nonprofit, special events