Social Media Marketing/ Business Development Intern
GMDY (www.gmdy.co) is an exciting new early-stage platform that helps athletes control their combined professional and personal brands from one online location. This platform provides the individual athlete with the ability to create, share, monetize and analyze all of his or her associated brands while simultaneously giving fans a single-location, 360-degree brand view of that athlete, complete with product-level connections and direct purchasing access to lifestyle and gameday items.
Our platform gives new ways for athletes and their fans to connect. Through these connections, an athlete’s value becomes more clear.
We're looking for a Marketing/Business Development intern who would work on the following tasks:
- Come up with social media strategies that effectively engage and bring users to our website
- Daily post to our social media channels: twitter, facebook, instagram.
- Reach out to athletes and their partners to create platform awareness to ultimately bring them into the platform.
- Partner with GMDY leadership to create the strategic roadmap.
- Create monthly content for the GMDY blog a few times a month.
- Create metrics on the success of the various campaigns and report back to leadership.
- Experience in social media tools, particularly Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to maintain good rapport with team members as well as maintain professionalism with partners
- Excellent oral and written communication skills that demonstrate a professional demeanor and the ability to interact with others with discretion, tact, and interest
- Capable of identifying and completing tasks independently, and reporting on progress, with a sense of urgency and ownership
- Awareness of social media, marketing, and PR activities and tools.
- Able to think creatively and outside the box. Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills.
- Strong business acumen and skills.
Job Type: Internship
Salary: Equity based on skills
sports, social media marketing, ecommerce, mobile app, startup