Social Media Intern
Social Media Internship for Family-Owned Jewelry Store
Oaks Jewelers is seeking a reliable and creative Social Media Intern to help our growing family-owned business. This is an exciting opportunity to make a significant impact on our company’s success, as well as develop your social media skills in a professional work environment. We are seeking a candidate who is proficient in major social media platforms, most especially Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. We are especially interested in a candidate skilled in photography and photo editing, with a passion for jewelry.
This position is flexible, and averages 5-10 hours per week. The position is unpaid, however a $100 weekly stipend will be provided. (There is also potential for a future paid position if the internship is successful.) We also offer a substantial employee discount.
- Photograph curated selections of jewelry to create engaging social media posts
- Write brief but engaging content for social media posts
- Moderate comments/inquiries across social media platforms
- Assist with social media analytics and reporting
- Help grow and develop our social media presence and following
- Utilize social media platforms to help campaign store events
- Become familiarized with current jewelry trends to create fashion-forward content
- Advanced knowledge of popular social media platforms
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized and creative
- Bachelor’s degree or currently enrolled in an accredited college or university in marketing or a related field of study
Oaks Jewelers has been family-owned and operated since 1948. We are a small local business, and are located near the Berkeley/Albany border, on an avenue filled with boutiques, small businesses, and great restaurants. We specialize in selling fine jewelry and watches, and do an extensive amount of jewelry and watch repair. Our store has an “old school, Mom and Pop” charm to it, although we are looking to update and advance our efficiency.
We have an excellent reputation in our community, and it’s very important for us to preserve it. Our ideal candidate will help us translate our “old school” charm into an engaging social media presence. S/he must be extremely detail oriented, and have an eye for jewelry style. S/he will have a strong work ethic, must be trustworthy, and will have a passion for helping us grow our business.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter to ------------. Please include a clear description of your experiences and specific competencies. We will evaluate your skills to see if they fit our needs, so be as specific and clear as possible. Please also include a minimum of 3 professional and/or academic references.