Social Media Intern
JCJSTREET is a video and photography company specializing in creating visual solutions for brands and creating valuable resources for content creators. We work closely with brands, small businesses, corporations, non-profits, and private clients to deliver high-quality media deliverables.
We seek a creative, resourceful, and eager learner that seeks an opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience as well as industry mentorship to further augment their academic experience. Our goal in the experience is to equip you with the necessary expertise to segue you into the job market.
As a social media intern, you will be immersed in a learning environment that will seek to challenge and hone your abilities as a marketer and as a creative. Part of your learning will be taking a key role in the management of the organization’s social media channels. You will also earn practical experience working on the back end of digital marketing efforts such as analytics, paid ads, and industry standard tools. Furthermore, you will be assisting in authoring creative assets for social media as well as the website.
As we are located in Orange County we prefer an individual local to the area. However, will accept applicants if they have adequate transportation. Though this is a primarily remote position, some travel may be required for special events, job shadows, shoot locations etc.
- Demonstrates interest in social media and how media and communication strategies can continuously engage the online community
- Provide links to 1-3 social networking profiles to demonstrate interest and knowledge
- Possesses skills in writing, presentation, interpersonal relations, and customer management
- Performs well in an environment that values creativity, flexibility, and variety
- Exhibits personal qualities, such as open-mindedness, enthusiasm, and adaptability
- Prefers challenges, fast pace, new ideas, future-focused, and unstructured environment
- Self Starter with proven time management skills
- Knowledge of digital videography and photography cameras and equipment
- 3 years of experience with the Internet and social media platforms
- Solid understanding of youth markets
- Energetic and creative
- Strong work ethic, time management skills and team-oriented
Nice to Have:
- Outdoor and Adventurist spirit. Enjoy traveling and seeing new and interesting places.
- Marketing/Business, Communications or Media major
- Own video equipment (Cell Phone, Go Pro, Drone, DSLR, etc.)
- Schedule daily post for all social media channels with marketing scheduling tools
- Author useful and relevant content such as short videos, infographics, blog posts and tutorials
- Coordinate online marketing and advertising campaigns
- Utilizes social media to engage with a community of fans/followers online
- Collaborates with internal departments on projects and assignments
- Contribute to mixing and editing to create polished and engaging videos
- Publish short videos primarily to the web and touch-up still photography
- Contribute to website redesign projects
- Monitor and post on blogs, forums, and social networks
- Assist with online outreach and promotion using Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and more
- Optimize website and social media
- Perform keyword analysis for posts
- Launch social media campaigns using best practices
- Remote position with travel opportunities
- Flexible schedule for students
- Full Access to Adobe Creative Suite
- Access to paid marketing tools like Tailwind, Buffer, and more.
- Access to paid learning platforms
- Learn industry standard project management software
- Gain a complete and well-rounded portfolio
- Access to video, audio hardware, and software
- Shadowing, mentoring, and training opportunities with experienced, knowledgeable professionals
- Opportunity to participate in networking events
- Access to all future learning courses and resources by JCJSTREET Visuals