SOCIAL MEDIA AND COMMUNICATIONS INTERNSHIP
“Volunteering at the IIIC is an enriching and fun experience. The IIIC has made me feel like a valued member of the team and every day I find myself learning something new.”
- Kasey DiLoreto, 2018 Intern
INTERNING AT THE IIIC
Join our team at the IIIC! This is an opportunity for you to meet people from around the world, work towards social justice, and be part of a team dedicated to supporting newcomers to this country. Volunteering and interning with the IIIC provides an opportunity to learn new skills, gain valuable job experience and have fun.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
The IIIC seeks a Communications Intern to become an integral part of our fun-loving and vibrant communications team. Learn and use your skills to develop our social media presence (including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn), maintain our website (WordPress), help create our marketing materials, and contribute to all other communications effort.
Time Commitment: 24 hours/week (flexible)
This is an unpaid internship
• Craft engaging and original social media posts to promote the mission and activities of the IIIC
• Support us in being a thought-leader and advocate on current immigration related issues
• Develop responsive and collaborative social media campaigns
• Support the production of our monthly online newsletter by writing about the immigrants we serve, our staff and volunteers, and the programs we offer
• Design the newsletter using our GetResponse templates
• Contribute to the development of our Executive Director’s weekly blog
• Update our website with current events and stories from the IIIC
• Support us in utilizing the website as a tool to reach potential donors, clients, and partners
• Create marketing materials, including flyers and advertisements, to help support our programs, events, and fundraisers
• Assist with the writing and preparation of stories from the IIIC, press releases, and articles
WHO ARE YOU?
You enjoy working in a flexible, dynamic, and multicultural environment and are passionate about making a difference for immigrant families in this tumultuous political climate. You have the following assets:
• Excellent communication skills
• A love of storytelling and writing
• Enthusiasm for the mission of the IIIC and commitment to social justice
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google applications
• Organization, attention to detail and time management skills
• Graphic design and website development experience (preferred)
ABOUT THE IRISH INTERNATIONAL IMMIGRANT CENTER
We empower over 3,500 immigrants and refugees annually from more than 120 countries by providing the legal, wellness and educational support they need to build successful lives. Building on our Irish roots of welcoming others and social justice, we help newcomers find community, and we stand up for immigration policies that are humane and just. America is a nation of immigrants, and despite the current political climate, we are proud to continue the tradition of welcoming immigrants to this country and working together to create a better future for all.
Please email your resume and cover letter detailing the nature of your interest to ------------ as soon as possible.
For more information on the Irish International Immigrant Center, please see ------------.
The Irish International Immigrant Center, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages candidates of diverse backgrounds and languages to apply.
marketing, social media, communications, immigrant, irish, writing, Public relations