The Techno-Aide Seamstress/Seamster is expected to bring a professional courteous attitude to all staff members both up and down the chain of command. This person brings a skill that allows us to manufacture protective apparel garments and radiology imaging accessories for the health care industry.
• Basic sewing experience required (Industrial Sewing a Plus)
• High School Graduate or GED Equivalent
• Pattern and customization skills a PLUS!
• Good communication skills with capacity to make independent decisions
• Performs other duties as assigned to include assisting other Divisions and Managers in special projects and assignments, as well as attending special events, team meetings, educational seminars.
• Sewing: Sewing of Radiology garments and accessories. Maintain stocking levels and projects as assigned.
• Fabrication: Layout, preparation and fabrication of items to be sewn and custom items to meet the account needs.
• Equipment Management: Can replace thread, needles, bobbins, and oil when necessary. Can adjust tensions as needed.
• Order Support: Completion of assembly work for customer’s order, both standard and custom specifications.
• Housekeeping: Maintains areas assigned in a clean and orderly fashion.
• Shipping & Quality Control: Back-up shipping. Inspecting sewn garments and accessories to meet order requirements before being boxed and shipped.
• Company Policies: Is knowledgeable regarding company policy on accepting assignment, documentation requirements, returns/refunds, repairs and inventory procedures.