Scuba Camp Counselor
Earth Immersion SCUBA Summer Camp Internship Opportunity
Earth Immersion SCUBA Summer Camp is a scuba, adventure and outdoor education camp for teens (12-16 yrs) looking for an unmatched experience exploring North Florida’s crystal clear springs. We offer one- or two-week overnight co-ed programs. Our main focus is exceptional and safe scuba training. We are currently seeking qualified and enthusiastic individuals for an exciting and unique internship opportunity. Interns will serve as camp counselors and will be responsible for supervising camper activities. No scuba experience is necessary, but is preferred. Must be at least 18 years old to apply.
• Put students’ needs first and remain positive and enthusiastic throughout all activities.
• It will be hot outside, but be able to encourage and play outside games with students. Ensure all campers are included and engaged in something.
• Assist and guide students on hikes whenever needed.
• Conduct up to 4 scuba dives per day (typically 2) and lead/teach divers if qualified.
• Help organize diver flow in and out of the water.
• Work with other staff in recognizing what needs done each day and complete those tasks.
• Following breaks between sessions, report back to the camp home by the specified time, and make sure camp home is ready for students (i.e. clean, organized).
• Stay for the duration of employment dates (June 14 – July 20).
• Compensation will either be monetary, the opportunity to earn scuba certifications (recreational courses up through Dive Master and/or cave and technical courses), or a combination of the two. Compensation package will be based on experience and qualifications.
• $100 for any student who signs up that you refer
• All room and board will be covered (no costs need to be incurred while helping with the camp)
• 40+ dives
• Two overnight canoe trips down the Suwannee River
• River tubing
• Adventure in North Central Florida that few get to experience
• Please email a cover letter and your resume including three references and their contact information to xxx-xxx-xxxx. Be sure to include any scuba certifications you currently hold, diving experience, experience working at or attending camps, and experience working with children.
• Deadline to apply is April 30, 2019.
Scuba, Camp, Counselor, Outdoor