Public Relations Summer Internship
The Workshop is a creative collective that produces culturally relevant content that combines strategic creativity, globally minded storytelling and multi-platform amplification that connects people, brands and culture. With our office in Wynwood, we offer a multidisciplinary and always inspired approach to the realm of public relations, experiential marketing, social media marketing, influencer engagement and brand design and identity.
We are currently seeking interns for our PR department that are interested in Summer 2019 internships. Our company is looking for bright, motivated self-starters who want to gain real world experience in the lifestyle, hospitality, entertainment, and emerging brand marketing arenas. You must have excellent people and communication skills, be positive, professional, persuasive & personable.
The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, passionate about Public Relations, Marketing, Social Media and/or Events, and willing to learn and be mentored by seasoned leaders in the industry. You will receive valuable experience and feedback. This position reports to Director of Public Relations and focuses on supporting the team on execution and follow-up on projects.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Meeting agendas and recaps
• Press clippings and recaps for all clients
• Daily media updates for the office
• Coordination with press & clients
• Write/draft media alerts and press releases
• Execution of smaller press pitches/media outreach
• Research and maintain press lists for clients
• Work closely with our social media team for clients
• Event outreach/invites, RSVPs, follow-ups, check-ins
• Must be proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Bonus points for knowledge of Cision
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Resourceful, motivated, self-starter and team player
• Highly organized, strong follow-through, detail oriented
• Reliable transportation to/from the office, client meetings, and client events
• Should be pursuing a major in a communications field which can include marketing, PR, social media, journalism or advertising
This is an unpaid internship for college credit, if needed. We provide a daily stipend for parking. Commitment is 2-3 days per week (approximately 10-15 hours) in the office, plus, attendance at client events, May - August 2019. For consideration, please submit a cover letter, resume and writing samples to xxx-xxx-xxxx.
public relations, Internship, communications