Social Media Intern
Jumpstart your career with Mekky Media Relations. We're looking for aspiring PR professionals to join our intern team. You will gain valuable experience supporting accounts on our ever growing client roster while attending exciting events with food, celebrities, live entertainment, non-profits, and much more. Must have experience building media lists and using tools like Cision to uncover the best sources for pitches. A passion for writing is essential. Send your resume to ------------.
Undergrad: Part-time Paid Internship, available for credit
Post-Grad: Full-time Paid Internship
● Document and track client media coverage
● Monitor media trends for clients daily
● Create targeted media lists and track coverage impressions using Cision and other online resources
● Staff client events, including TV segments, grand openings, galas/fundraisers, promotional opportunities, etc.
● Assist in the development of strategies for clients through brainstorming sessions with executive team and independent research
● Support Social Media team and create targeted social media content for agency and client pages
● Research new strategies, technologies and social media trends.
● Draft media materials including press releases, pitches, media alerts, fact-sheets, columns/blog posts
● Maintain monthly client reports
● Receive instruction and hands-on experience doing entry-level public relations and social media work in an agency setting
● Quick to learn and receive feedback
● Work closely with the executive team on daily tasks
● Develop a thorough knowledge of local and national media relations and the ability to find appropriate media contacts
● Craft creative and engaging social media, so to develop a solid understanding of social media strategy as it relates to public relations
● Practice networking and event management skills at client and media events.
● Hold to the same standards as an entry-level employee, practicing good judgment and professionalism on a daily basis
● Uphold MMR values of Passion, Authenticity, Trust, Creativity, Teamwork and Commitment to Excellence
public relations, social media, writing, media relations