Public Affairs Internship
Elite Change, Inc. is looking for an intern interested in learning all aspects of the public affairs field. The intern who fills this position should expect to learn the field from top to bottom, and will complete this program ready to enter any fast-paced public affairs firm with excellent skills. It's essential that applicants to this position have excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrate creativity, and understand the importance of attending to even the smallest details. Interns are assigned tasks that merit their talent and achievement as well as foster an interest in public service and nonprofit management. The position is a supportive role that requires one to work efficiently on both team-based and independent projects.
• Attends client and staff meetings when possible
• Screen phone calls
• Compile contact lists
• Update media lists
• Create or update databases
• Create or update fact sheets
• Update our calendar with relevant events
• Placing our events on event calendars
• Assisting in event coordination
• Assist with mailings, print production
• Assist in the day-to-day updates of social media campaigns; must be able to contribute relevant
• Create weekly analysis of social media activity/results
• Assist in planning and writing e-Newsletters
• Assist in drafting news releases, media alerts and other stories
• Contribute ideas to update our firm’s website when needed –in addition to client websites
• Monitor coverage of our firm and our clients on all forms of media –blogs, press, and social media
• Collaborate with staff on new ideas, directions, and venues for marketing and communications
• Strong writing skills, as well as a solid understanding of social media
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications. --Proficiency in Adobe
InDesign, Photoshop, HTML and graphic design is a plus
• High energy and flexibility to work in a changing environment
• Must be personable and able to interact well with others
• Must be highly organized with the ability to multi-task under tight deadlines
• Candidates should be available to work at least 16-20 hours a week (3-6 month period)
• Must have reliable transportation
Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or Political Science with a minimum G.P.A. of 3.0.
College credit may be available depending on the requirements of your college or university.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, résumé, two writing samples, two references, to xxx-xxx-xxxx. No phone calls please.
public affairs, public relations, politics, communications