The Drake Institute of Research and Policy is a national think tank based in Washington, D.C. that supports women legislators serving at every level of government nationwide.
Drake’s mission is to empower women legislators beyond term limits, across the aisle, and over state lines through the development and use of integrated research models and technology.
About the Position
Under the supervision of the Policy Director, the Legislative Affairs and Policy Analyst (Intern) contributes to DRAKE’s mission in the following ways:
1. Assist staff with developing DRAKE’s short and long-term policy agenda.
2. Develop and foster relationships with the NGO leaders, Research Experts, and Women Legislators serving in municipal, state, and federal legislatures nationwide.
3. Contribute to the development and dissemination of DRAKE’s various publications.
4. Staff legislative hearings on the Hill as needed.
5. Assist with social media management and special event logistical planning.
Skill & Competency Development Opportunities:
1. Qualitative Research - Using the Interview Method
2. Policy Writing Techniques - For Public, Private Sector, and NGO audiences
3. Interpersonal & Business Communication
4. Information Dissemination - Across Multiple Media Channels
5. Policy Research Analysis and Synthesization
How to Apply
To be considered for one of the available positions listed above, please send a cover letter, resume, and writing sample (policy memo, research paper, or legislative brief). Be sure to include your availability and a detailed explanation of why you think you'd be a great fit for the position. Positions are being filled immediately.
Internship, Policy, Analyst, Summer, Hill Staff, Legislation, Administration