The AJGA is looking for talented and well-rounded applicants to serve as operations interns. Interns will travel extensively throughout the United States during the internship to help conduct national junior golf tournaments.
• On-course rules officiating
• General tournament set-up and preparation
• Golf course set-up and preparation
• Start and score players
• Monitor equipment inventory, maintenance and replenishment
• Public speaking
• Customer Service
• Operation and maintenance of company vehicles
• Working with golf course staff, sponsors, stakeholders and volunteers
• Maintain and work within a tournament budget
• Golf knowledge is preferred, but not mandatory
• Experience in event management/operations is preferred
• Past experience in a team environment
• Efficiency, multi-tasking and time management
• Ability to work and communicate in a team atmosphere
• Highly motivated and self-starter
• Willingness to take an active leadership role
• Excellent communication and public speaking skills
• Basic computer knowledge and skills (Microsoft Office)
• Fiscally responsible
• Must be at least 21 years old prior to the start of the internship
• Must have a valid U.S. driver’s license for a minimum of three years
• Must take a Georgia Department of Transportation physical provided by and paid for by the AJGA
• Legally eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
• Must either be working towards or achieved a Bachelor's Degree
• Work outside in extreme weather and temperatures
• Work in direct sun exposure
• Drive and operate company vehicles and travel via plane
• Drive and operate a golf cart
• Use and operate company equipment, i.e. radios / walkie-talkies
• Ability to spot golf balls on the course
• Stand and walk for extended periods of time
• Communicate both verbally and in writing
• Lift equipment up to approximately 50 pounds
• Spring and Summer Season (March 16, 2020 – May 5, 2020 / May 14, 2020 – September 13, 2020)
• The AJGA will compensate interns the hourly federal minimum wage ($7.25) plus time and one-half for overtime worked.
• Spring Interns on average will work 40 – 55 hours per week
• Summer Interns on average will work 50 – 65 hours per week
• The AJGA will compensate all tournament-related expenses (lodging, food, gas and laundry).
• Travel to Atlanta for the start of the internship will be paid in full by the AJGA but travel home at the end of the internship is on the intern.
• Each intern will be provided with clothing, shoes and sunglasses
• In limited instances a week off could happen for a team. In this case all travel, food and lodging will be on each individual if they determine to go home or stay in the city in which they are located. In this case, time off is unpaid.
• Spring Deadline: November 15, 2019
• Summer Deadline: January 10, 2020
• **Summer candidate finalists will be required to attend a mandatory Intern Recruiting Weekend February 21 – 23, 2020. Travel, food and lodging will be covered.
Please visit ------------/careers for all information. For any questions, contact Blair Thompson, Director of Recruiting (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Already a member? Sign in.
You must confirm your email address before you may sign in. Please check your inbox or your spam folder for the account verification email, or click here to resend.';