Mid-Level Proposal Writer
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Mid-Level Proposal Writer collaborates with SkyBridge Tactical experts and team members to develop and lead compliant, compelling proposals in response to Federal Government solicitations. The Mid-Level Proposal Writer engages with SkyBridge Tactical and subcontractor associates to solicit and capture information as needed and required. Duties include:
• Manages proposal development process from cradle to grave; to include capture
• Writes and leads technical, management, resume, and/or past performance sections and volumes
• Works as part of a collaborative team to clearly articulate solution and strategy, approach to performing the work, experience, win themes, and discriminators
• Applies communication and interviewing skills to gather needed information from internal and external personnel to support writing activities
• Writes clear, persuasive, and articulate proposal sections; translates complex ideas into easily understandable text
Competitive, Depends on Qualifications and Experience Level
• Active DoD Secret clearance.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience with Department of defense capture and proposal writing.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience with compliant RFP Analysis.
• Proven experience in reading and analyzing Federal Government RFPs, creating proposal outlines and schedules, managing the activities of writers, storyboard development and re-writing material under tight deadline constraints.
• Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and compliance requirements.
• Proven track record of managed and prepared responses to Requests for Proposals/Information/Quotations (RFP/I/Qs), sources sought (SS), white papers, and sole source solicitations.
• Shipley training certification preferred.
• Able to conduct price-to-win strategies and analysis.
• Experience in proposal pricing strongly preferred.
• Be able to translate and communicate complicated technical terminology.
• Specific skills involving organizing and managing team-oriented content.
• Proven experience meeting multiple proposal deadlines by setting priorities and hitting target dates for all stages of Proposal writing. (Including but not limited to; information gathering, writing, review, and approval.)
• Proficient with entering and monitoring tracking data, coordinating requirements with contributors, and contributing proposal status information to review meetings; transmitting proposals.
• Experience in working in a team environment with all levels of staff to develop successful market strategies, strategic partnerships and competitive
• Develop business intelligence and conduct market and competitor analysis.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work collegially under strict deadline pressure and handle multiple work assignments.
• Excellent organizational, planning, prioritization and interpersonal skills.
• High level of proficiency in MS Office Applications, including SharePoint, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.