Improve Your Tomorrow (IYT) was founded in 2013 with the mission to increase the number of young men of color (YMOC) to attend and graduate from colleges and universities. We envision a world where men of color are overrepresented in higher education, underrepresented in the criminal justice system, and leaders in their communities. With remarkable resilience, authenticity, and passion, we work to combat academic inequities and build a college to community pipeline.
Middle or High School Mentor
- Mentor assigned students to help them get to and through college.
- Provide individual and group tutoring to students
- Deliver student development workshops, including but not limited to college advising, civic engagement, character education, and life skills.
- Participate in professional development sessions.
- Meet with teachers to assess student needs and collaborate with the school�s academic enrichment activities.
- Regularly meet with student�s parents/guardians.
- Organize and maintain student contact data through salesforce.
- Assist teachers with classroom instruction
- Help to identify, screen, and select participants in need of academic support.
- Conduct other programming as needed by Program Manager
- Mentor 20+ IYT U college students through group and individual sessions via in-person, video, or phone meetings.
- Assist with IYT College Academy senior college application and financial aid workshops
- Provide individual and group tutoring to college students as needed
- Complete mentorship logs, data reports, and other student-level data documents
- Assist students in completing Federal Application for Student Aid (FAFSA), internship, and scholarship applications.
- Create and lead member development workshops
- Conduct other programming as needed by Program Director