Member Relations Intern
Position Title Member Relations Intern
Department Member Relations
Reports To Director of Member Relations
FLSA Status Non-exempt, part-time (approximately 28 hours per week)
Internship dates October – June 2020
Location Arlington, Virginia (Rosslyn)
The Member Relations intern will support ISEP’s Member Relations division and be a key contributor to the team. This internship is important to the effective engagement with ISEP’s university members in both the United States and internationally, with the goal of increasing access and affordability of study abroad for ISEP students.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Conduct competitor analysis for ISEP Direct programs; send and track ISEP Direct cost agreements
• Update and create new country handbooks, and proofread updated pages as needed
• Assist directors with membership lists and files; audit member agreements and maintain membership folders
• Review ISEP member profiles and levels of member engagement
• In collaboration with Student Advisors, provide support for various curriculum integration projects
• Enter program updates in study abroad directories and cross-check directory information with ISEP’s website
• Assist with onboarding of new U.S. members and processing of member withdrawals; add new U.S. member pages to website and schedule programs
• Coordinate regional digests sent to members
• Review and update member protocols and assist with the development of processes and forms for custom programs
• Assist with logistical preparations for ISEP Member Site Tours
• Complete research projects on study abroad industry topics and assist with data analysis from surveys and evaluations
• Support the Member Relations team administratively with travel logistics, conference registrations, and expense reports
- Bachelor’s degree in international education, international relations, humanities, or other related areas. Graduate level work in international education is strongly preferred.
- Outstanding communications skills with an ability to effectively engage a variety of stakeholders and experience providing quality customer service.
- A proven record of strong research and data analysis skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail
DESIRED ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Passion for international education and ISEP’s mission of inclusive excellence and affordability in global education.
- Foreign language ability.
- Self-directed, proactive, and enjoys working independently without extensive oversight.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resumé to ------------ with the subject line: “Member Relations intern.”
International Education, Research, Projects