Chicago Faucets has an awesome opportunity for a Mechanical Engineering Student Intern based in our Michigan City, IN location. If you are curious, excited about learning and are a current Engineering major at the sophomore or junior level with a 3.0 GPA, we would love to hear from you.
About Our Company
Chicago Faucets, America's leading manufacturer of commercial faucets for over 100 years. Our parent company Geberit is a European market leader and global provider in plumbing technology in 41 countries worldwide.
About the Role
This internship will provide students lots of hands on experience and exposure along with the opportunity to be a member of our world-class manufacturing team. The internship requires a results-oriented, highly motivated individual committed to the principals of world-class manufacturing. Previous interns in this role have had great success in landing employment. This internship pays $16.00 hourly with a flexible work schedule of 25-30 hours weekly.
What will you Do
• The Intern will work directly with the Engineering Project Manager and Production Supervisors to develop special process instructions
• You will also work with IT and engineering to coordinate drawings, bill of materials and routing information
• Coordinate and create work process documents (JAM) by conducting time studies, reporting evaluation processes and action items
• In addition, you will investigate and develop special projects involving improvement to product design or assembly processes
About your Qualifications
• Qualified candidates must be working towards a Bachelors degree currently in sophomore or junior year with a 3.0 GPA.
• Solid understanding of Microsoft Applications and CAD/ProE experience preferred but not necessary
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Team player with a positive attitude and serious about learning the manufacturing industry