Knowbility is looking for a Marketing Intern who will be able to work on-site in our Austin office 2-3 times a week.
This is a great opportunity to learn more about digital marketing content creation, content management systems, accessibility, and inclusive design.
You will learn what web accessibility is and how to:
- Create engagement campaigns
- Build out lead nurturing flows
- Conduct content marketing research
- Create/maintain digital assets
- Work within a CRM (Client Resource Management) system
This is an unpaid internship. Interested applicants can earn credit or similar CEUs.
- Collaborate with Knowbility’s Communications Director to brainstorm potential -marketing avenues, help with messaging, and create and deploy marketing campaigns.
- Work with Communications Director to develop communications blitz kits for each of Knowbility’s programs and services
- Create social media content and campaign assets
- Review and update published content and blogs
- Create and optimize email marketing campaigns and templates
- Create and distribute press releases via approved outlets
- Improve website landing pages for search engine optimization purposes
- Conduct content marketing research including keyword research and industry trends
- Assist with ensuring marketing reporting accuracy
- Organize contacts within Knowbilty’s internal CRM and monitor for overall list health
- Research avenues through traditional marketing we can take (newspapers, magazine ads, press releases, etc.)
- Websites: WordPress, Github
- Collaboration: Basecamp, Slack
- Email Marketing: Mailchimp, Gmass
- Graphics: Adobe Creative Suite, Canva
- Social Media: Buffer for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- File Sharing: Google Drive, Dropbox
- CRM: Salesforce
- Analytics tools like Google Analytics and AdWords
- Experience in marketing, social media, and/or graphic design (academic coursework acceptable: please provide a list of related classes)
- Has 15-20 hours per week to dedicate to Knowbility
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple projects
- Pursuing a degree in marketing, communication, advertising, graphic design, or similar preferred
- Experience in using any of the tools listed above (please describe)
Who We Are
Knowbility is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, based in Austin, Texas and working around the globe. Our mission is to create a more inclusive digital world for people of all abilities. We serve the mission by creating programs that make the internet and other technologies accessible to people who are blind, visually impaired, deaf or hearing impaired, who have mobility impairments and cognitive or learning disabilities. Program areas include:
Awareness: The Accessibility Internet Rally (AIR), held annually for more than 20 years; publications; Instructional blog posts, conference appearances; service on global standards bodies
Education: AccessU annual accessibility skills training conference, online course delivery, K12 Access Toolkit
Commercial Services: We employ experts, including many with disabilities, to provide assessment and audit services; perform document remediation; design and deliver inclusive usability studies.
We work collaboratively with organizations of all kinds to create a barrier-free world of information technology so that people with disabilities can fully and equally participate in entrepreneurial, educational, employment, social, civic and cultural opportunities of the web.
Internship, nonprofits, austin