Marketing Part-time Internship
Organization Profile/Position Overview: Cuba Travel Services (CTS) is a tour and travel company based in Cypress, California, servicing Cuba from the United States. In 1999, CTS operated the first non-stop flight between Los Angeles (LAX) and Havana, Cuba in more than 40 years. CTS also opened the Miami to Cienfuegos route in 2001. CTS offers full service travel arrangements under Specific or General Licenses issued by the U.S. Treasury Department with over 17 years of experience in travel exclusively to Cuba.
Location: This positon is located at the Cypress Corporate office.
Internship Scope of Position: This internship is a part-time paid academic credit eligibility position. The Intern must complete 120 hours within the internship period to receive academic credit. The internship is an office environment only.
Learning Objectives: The learning objectives will reflect what the student will learn/experience while on the internship placement. The learning will be unique as it will include theory, research, and application of marketing concepts to problems and issues within the travel industry.
• Knowledge of social, ethical, regulatory and te
chnological forces on marketing decision making
• Appreciation for the nature of marketing in an international setting
• Ability to develop social media schedules and determine relevance of content based on the different channels
• Ability to review products and rewrite descriptions to promote and sell online
• Ability to collaborate with internal groups (such as product and revenue management) in order to launch products successfully and on time
• Participate and strengthen collaborations skills while developing marketing campaigns
• Develop knowledge on how to develop, expand and maintain market channels.
• Develop knowledge on how to develop marketing strategies
• Develop knowledge on how to collect quantitative and qualitative data from marketing campaigns
• Assist in marketing and advertising promotional activities (e.g. social media, yelp and web)
• Learn how to prepare promotional presentations.
Marketing Intern job duties include:
• Work with Marketing Director to help develop marketing campaigns