Marketing & Communication Intern
Internship Description: Marketing & Communications Intern
As the Marketing & Communications Intern, you will work directly with the Development
Associate to raise the profile of the HSI brand. In this role, you will assist our Development Associate in growing our digital presence and engagement with survivors, donors, and community members through social media and communication materials.
Benefits to the Intern:
Interns at HSI will have the opportunity to attend support groups, court hearings, relevant events and trainings to further their experience and professional development.
Reports To: Development Associate
● Create visual and written content for social media and the HSI website
● Draft monthly e-newsletters, blog posts, event & support group promotional materials, press releases, etc.
● Schedule weekly social media posts
● Assist Development Associate with online fundraising campaign strategies
● Grow HSI following and engagement on all social media platforms
● Passionate about HSI's mission to serve survivors of homicide
● Previous marketing/communications experience preferred
● Experience with Canva, Hootsuite, and/or Constant Contact preferred
● Experience with photo and video editing
● Able to work independently and represent the HSI in a professional manner
● Must commit a minimum of 10 hours per week during normal business hours
● Must commit to attending events that may occur after normal business hours and on
Interns will report on-site at HSI’s downtown office located in the Pioneer Building at 100 N. Stone Ave., Suite 807, Tucson, AZ, 85701.
Summer internships will begin on May 28, 2019. Summer interns must commit to at least 2 months, with a minimum of 10 hours per week. This is an unpaid internship, with the ability to receive school credit upon completion of hours (requirements determined by educational institution).
Training and Supervision
Interns will be trained on the job and supervised by the Development Associate and Volunteer Coordinator.
Internship, marketing, communications, social media