Marketing and Membership Graduate Intern
The Medical Device Innovation Consortium (MDIC) is a public-private partnership collaborating on regulatory, scientific, and health economic challenges within the medical device and diagnostic industry. Through its partnership with industry stakeholders, MDIC coordinates the development of methods, tools, and resources used in managing the total product life cycle of a medical device. Offering guidance and leadership, MDIC members shape the future of healthcare by providing subject matter expertise to working groups aimed at advancing approaches that promote patient access to safer and more innovative medical technologies.
The membership and marketing graduate intern will assist MDIC with executing marketing and membership initiatives, including but not limited to membership newsletters, marketing and promotion of initiatives and membership services. Reporting to the Director of Communications, Marketing and Membership, s/he will be tasked with ensuring consistent, high quality and valued member services and implementing effective marketing of MDIC events and content to members and external audiences both in print and online. The position provides the opportunity to combine creativity and innovation in outreach and member services with event logistics and administrative responsibilities. Candidates will have the ability to build robust database management and analytics skills as he/she will assist with maintaining MDIC’s Salesforce database.
Objectives and Responsibilities
• Supports the Director of Communications, Marketing and Membership in the development and implementation of strategic activities for MDIC.
• Effectively produce, manage, and coordinate editorial content on blogs, MDIC’s website, and other publications to ensure message consistency and quality from conception to delivery.
• Ability to track and report on analytics as needed.
• Proactive, creative approach to communicating marketing messages, including use of graphics/visuals and multimedia beyond just written content.
• Writes clearly and persuasively in all situations.
• Detail-oriented; consistently produces high-quality work without close supervision.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with fast turnaround.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, outgoing personality, and desire to provide outstanding customer service.
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Nonprofit Management or a related field.
• An interest in health care, MedTech, Life Science industry, and/or experience supporting non-profit or government with a focus in health/science.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Strong project management skills.
• Ability to think strategically as well as creatively, and strict attention to detail.
• Must be highly-motivated and possess the ability to work independently.
• Ability to be flexible and work collaboratively as at team within a dynamic, start-up work environment that includes virtual teams.
• Proficiency with graphic design is strongly preferred, with the ability to create infographics.
• Ability to deliver top-quality communication materials, including articles, high-impact emails and PowerPoint presentations for senior leaders.
• Willingness to learn Salesforce.
• Experience or interest in interpreting and reporting on analytical information.
• Demonstrated self-starter with the ability to handle multiple projects and to prioritize work assignments, meet deadlines, be flexible and work independently in a fast-paced environment.
• Interest in the medical device industry and enterprise with a willingness to engage in continuous learning and professional and personal growth.
• Possess the technical capacity to work with Salesforce, xxx-xxx-xxxx, WordPress, Adobe creative Suite, and the ability to adapt to new collaborative technologies as they become available.
• Self-directed, team-player with sense of humor
The Membership and Marketing Graduate Intern will report to the Director of Communications, Marketing and Membership.