Marketing and Event Coordinator Intern
Service Robotics & Technologies, Inc. (SRT) is a Virginia-based software integration company bringing smart building systems into commercial facilities. SRT has an opening for a Marketing and Event Coordinator Intern in our Virginia office starting immediately and going through the summer. This unique internship opportunity offers students the opportunity to work with an early stage startup, which will provide exposure to a wide variety of company operations.
There are two primary tasks to be completed during this internship:
1.) Conference Coordination. SRT has attended a national trade show for several years. This year, SRT’s CEO has been invited to be a keynote speaker, and we are intending to formally launch our product at this event. Your role will be to help manage and coordinate the planning of SRT’s participation at this event. Interns will coordinate and communicate with designers, vendors, media, and strategic partners.
2.) Partnerships Structure. SRT has several strategic partners. However, we have never formalized how these partnerships are structured, and the roles/responsibilities for both parties in these informal agreements. Your role will be to help create and formalize our Partnerships Program. You will outline a structure for how our partnerships are organized, including benefits to partners at each level of partnership, and liaise with existing hardware partners to get their feedback and formalize their involvement with this program.
Candidates must be in their senior year at a college or university majoring in public relations, marketing, event planning, or a related major. Preference will be given to recent graduates or students currently studying or planning to attend graduate school. You also must:
Be able to organize multiple tasks and prioritize responsibilities
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision
- Monitor conference timelines and ensure event deadlines are met
- Serve as liaison with vendors on conference-related matters
- Assist with preparing budgets and periodic progress reports
- Participate and take minutes for planning calls
- Have excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism
- Be comfortable discussing and understanding internet-related technologies
If you are interested in learning about marketing, public relations, and event coordination, we would love to hear from you!
- School credit and monetary bonus on completion of project milestones
- Length of commitment: 3-4 months, with possibility to extend
Weekly time commitment: Approximately 15-20 hours; at least 1 day per week in SRT’s Springfield office.
marketing, pr, public relations, event planning, communications, robotics, journalism