Marketing and Communications Intern
Foothill Transit, the primary fixed-route transit provider in eastern Los Angeles County, California, is seeking a highly qualified individual for the position of Marketing and Communications Intern. Foothill Transit’s mission is to be the premier public transit provider committed to safety, courtesy, quality, responsiveness, efficiency, and innovation. We are an award-winning bus system with a fleet of over 300 vehicles and ridership exceeding 12 million annually.
As part of Foothill Transit’s commitment to workforce development, Foothill Transit’s Internship Program was created to allow students to gain valuable skills and knowledge. In addition, the interns will support Foothill Transit achieving its mission. Interns will work an average of 20 hours per week and will be paid $15 per hour. This is up to a twelve-month position.
This position reports to the Manager of Community Engagement and will assist in the day-to-day marketing tasks of a wide variety of projects, across a number of functional areas. This position will work closely with multiple departments to provide support, collaboration, and learn from various aspects of the business. Responsibilities include and are not limited to the following:
• Data collection and entry for various marketing and communications tasks
• Catalog agency assets (photography, video, advertisements, etc.) to create an easily searchable archive.
• Create an inventory management system for the agency’s promotional items, brochures, and other collateral.
• Pitch new social media campaign ideas. Provide suggestions on trending topics on social media and how Foothill Transit can participate in the conversation.
• Pitch content for Foothill Transit’s various platforms, which include social media, blog, ETC newsletter, Footnotes, and internal communication pieces.
• Pitch storyboard ideas for monthly board movies and marketing campaigns. Provide photography and videography support, as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office software and familiarity with computer/internet research.
• Ability to set priorities and organize time to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing priorities.
• Demonstrated ability to work well with others.
• Strong oral and written communication skills. Uses good grammar.
• Uses tact, diplomacy, and flexibility in interpersonal contacts.
• Adobe Creative Suite skills is a plus.
• Current enrollment in an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in marketing, communications, public relations, public administration, business administration, or a related field.
• Must be a U.S. citizen or a legal resident and eligible to work in the U.S. as determined by U.S. Immigration Laws and the Department of Homeland Security.
The individuals selected for this position must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity, please download the Foothill Transit application at ------------ and send application and resume to
100 S. Vincent Ave., #200
West Covina, CA 91790
This position is open until filled. Please submit your resume promptly for full consideration. EOE. M/F/V/D
Marketing, Communications, Internship