The Legal Services Intern will be trained and mentored in providing direct services to clients by helping them complete initial applications and renewals through direct supervision of an accredited legal representative. Bilingual, English and Spanish applicants are strongly preferred. This is a perfect opportunity for anyone considering a future career in Immigration Law and/or someone wanting to assist immigration communities navigate the legal system.
• Provide basic eligibility screening and document requirements to clients who call
or walk into Catholic Charities Service Centers
• Prepare evidence and declaration for specific applications and renewals as
• Assist legal staff with administrative tasks including filing, data entry, etc..
• Projects are completed with accuracy within the given deadline.
• Interns and Volunteers sustain a consistent and reliable schedule.
• Initiative is taken in assisting peers and supervisors by identifying needs and
• Detail oriented and self-directed
• Excellent communication, virtual and in person
• Culturally competent; experience working respectfully and mindfully with
individuals from diverse backgrounds
• Must complete a LiveScan background check paid for by Catholic Charities
• Must complete and online training in recognizing and reporting abuse
• Must volunteer at least 8 hours per week for 4 months