P.A.C.E. seeks college students in working at a small summer program with students between the ages 4-12. This internship is a great opportunity for someone interested in working directly with inner city youth while teaching and engaging in cultural heritage.
• Assist in literacy focus and academic support i.e. reading, writing, vocabulary and homework
• Create fun learning enrichment projects and team building games
• Develop and instruct cultural activities related to the heritage theme of the month
• Monitor student literacy progress while working directly with students who need extra support
• Prepare students for cultural performances or presentations as appropriate.
The intern will work with the coordinator and other educators to make sure the following; cultural arts and pace achievement activities are coordinated appropriately, children are engaged, participating and are safe. It is also most important that the Intern help support the day to day operations of the summer and collaborate with colleagues with paperwork, cleanup, office duties, transitions, etc.
This is a paid stipend opportunity for selective college students.
Internship, youth development, education, culture, history