Classroom Teacher – Achievement Charter Academy
Fuquay Varina, NC
10 Month Position
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Makes purposeful and appropriate lesson plans which provide for effective teaching strategies and maximizes time on task.
• Presents subject matter to students to maximize learning opportunity and provides real-world, application based examples and learning opportunities.
• Reviews student records in order to develop a foundation of understanding regarding each student’s abilities and needs. Maintain accurate and complete student records.
• Strives to maximize the educational achievement of each student.
• Utilizes a variety/range of student learning modalities in each lesson and uses differentiated instruction within those lessons.
• Utilizes diagnostic assessment of student learning
• Maintains accurate and complete student records.
• Coordinates class field trips (as required).
• Prepares students for state required achievement assessments.
• Assists in the on-going curriculum revision process, including the revision of written courses of study.
• Assists in the selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
Provide a Classroom Environment Conducive to Learning
• Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students.
• Maintains positive rapport with students; demonstrates patience and appropriate nurturing to assist in the growth of the child.
• Ensures classroom is clean, safe and includes student generated work on display as appropriate.
• Implements all relevant policies governing student conduct.
• Develops reasonable rules of classroom/playground behavior in accordance with ACA policy and guidelines, and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and consistent manner.
• Develops lesson plans consistent with established guidelines and goals.
• Plans individual and / group learning activities designed to meet instructional objective and student’s needs.
• Participates with other staff members in curriculum planning during designated meetings.
• Incorporates into planning all diagnostic information as required in the student’s Individual Education Plan (IEP).
• Strives to establish cooperative relations and makes reasonable effort to communicate with parents/guardians when appropriate.
• Communicates clearly, consistently and positively with parents via all appropriate mediums.
• Cooperates with members of the administration, other staff and with ACA.
• Maintains confidentiality regarding student records.
• Participates in parent communication activities.
• Participates in extracurricular activities to ensure a positive school culture and provide support for students and staff (as required).
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
1. Demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment toward the position and the mission of the company; support the company’s values in the strategic areas of academic excellence, operational performance, superior culture, and financial health and growth, as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
2. Possesses strong time management & organizational skills and the ability to prioritize effectively.
3. Has the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with teachers, students, parents, the community, and administrative staff. Is sensitive to sensitive to corporate needs, employee goodwill, and the public image, as unique situations present themselves.
4. Possesses excellent interpersonal skills and displays such between all stakeholders: being courteous, professional, and helpful.
5. Possesses excellent communication skills: Oral (including presentations), Written, Interpersonal (active listening), Negotiating and Supporting.
6. Has the ability to be at work consistently, to be on time, to follow instructions, to respond to management direction and to solicit feedback to improve performance.
7. Demonstrates proficient experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Student Information System (SIS) and email communications.
8. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
9. Strives to implement best practices and Choice Theory consistently.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
• Salary and benefits shall be paid consistent with ACA’s salary and benefit policy.
• Length of the work year and hours of employment shall be those established by ACA.
• This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Performance will be evaluated in accordance with ACA’s Policy.
• Bachelor’s degree (BA) from an accredited college or university or equivalent.
• Possession of valid teaching certification/ability to obtain a teaching certificate in a timely manner (as appropriate).
• Minimum of one (1) to three (3) years successful teaching experience (may include Student Teaching Internship experience).
• Equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Command of grades/subject specific content and theoretical knowledge of learning theory, including motivation, reinforcement, evaluation and feedback techniques.
• Successful results of criminal and employment background check.
To apply, please visit ------------
elementary education, education, teaching, charter school