Bronze Magazine™ is a stylish, online/digital platform that celebrates, empowers, and inspires women of color with positive, encouraging content. Our website content focuses on motivating and entertaining women beauty, entertainment, fashion, and lifestyle topics. Our monthly digital editions are a modern blend of lifestyle content and exclusive interview features with creatives who inspire us.
We are currently seeking dynamic, outgoing self-starters to conduct phone and email interviews as assigned by the editor in the beauty, entertainment, fashion and lifestyle industries. This is an excellent and challenging opportunity for serous candidates with a journalism background who want to gain more experience and expand your work portfolio. There are also opportunities for local New York area candidates to attend fabulous events (optional) as press. This is a virtual/telecommute, part-time, unpaid position.
A good fit for this role will be an outgoing individual with an interest in working for a cultural brand and is a champion for women's empowerment. IF THIS DOES NOT DESCRIBE YOU, THEN DO NOT APPLY
ALL SUBMISSIONS MUST include a link to written work and a cover letter outlining why you would be an excellent fit as a journalist for Bronze, who your ideal interview would be with and why. SUBMISSIONS WITHOUT A COVER LETTER AND THE REQUIRED INFORMATION WILL ABSOLUTELY NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Responsibilities include the following:
• Conduct mainly telephone and/emailed question interviews as assigned by the editor.
• Meet final draft deadlines in a timely manner as established by the editor.
• Listening, transcribing, proofreading, and editing.
• Interview research, preparation and follow-up.
• Must have strong listening, communication, and organization skills.
• Must have an outgoing, positive attitude and not afraid to speak with celebs and industry experts.
• Must have strong writing and editing/proofreading skills.
• Must have a flexible schedule.
• Must be a current college student or recent graduate; Journalism, Communications or Marketing major preferred. College Credit is available for this position.
• Candidate must be willing to commit to at least a 6-month internship.
• Serious candidates only.
**Travel expenses to events are not covered.
Internship, journalism, interviewer, media, publishing, magazine