IT Support/Technician Intern
30 W 47th Street Suite 301, New York, NY, United States
ETech 7 is a Managed IT Service Provider (MSP) servicing business in New York. As a result of our increasing growth, we're seeking an intern who is looking to become an IT professional with a team player personality to help us stay ahead of the curve. You must be bright, articulate, responsible, dedicated and show initiative with a personal interest in your work (limited hand-holding). We can guarantee you a casual, fun, friendly and rewarding work environment along with an amazing opportunity to learn and advance your career.
This position consists of a generous amount of dealing with end users balanced by the benefit of being exposed to many different IT systems and technologies that businesses use. On any given day, you might be expected to accomplish a vast array of tasks from something as simple as resetting a password to configuring and managing servers and networks across multiple client sites. The variety of work will only be limited by your ability and desire to learn new things.
Opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial culture directly with senior management, whose experience ranges from launching new businesses to managing large teams. Potential full-time opportunities will be available for proven candidates.
ETech 7 Inc. is seeking an information technology student for an internship position. The position’s main focus will be to support clients' end-user environment and infrastructure. Administration and support of the following systems will be the focus of the position:
Support of Windows 10 operating system within Active Directory environment.
Endpoint hardware and helpdesk support.
Patch management systems.
Endpoint imaging systems
Microsoft Office Desktop Suite
Microsoft Office 365 and Sharepoint Administration
Windows 2012, 2016 and 2019 servers
Enterprise endpoint protection tools
Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure
Troubleshoot hardware and software issues and identify solutions
Perform inventory of systems and system components
Candidate will be assigned to incorporate IT best practices into business operation
Assist in all other aspects of IT infrastructure
• Ability to handle confidential information with professionalism and diplomacy
• Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments
• Ability to work well with a team and under limited supervision in a fast-paced environment
• Currently enrolled in or recently graduated from an accredited college or university in related field
• Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies
• Must be legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
• Must pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test
• Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
• Strong research, analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities
• Working knowledge of MS Office, namely Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, Word, and Project
Time Commitment / GPA: • Seeking Interns in the NYC area with a GPA of at least 3.3 that can work part-time during the school year and full-time during the summer
You will receive an allowance every two weeks to cover transportation and food and beverage costs. In addition, compensation depends on experience and could always be negotiable after a performance evaluation on your third month.
Internship, IT, support, technician