Irish Exchange Program Internship
“Interning at the IIIC is an enriching and fun experience. The IIIC made me feel like a valued member of the team and every day I found myself learning something new.”
- Kasey DiLoreto, 2018 Intern
Seeking an intern to start with our Learning Exchange Programs team at the IIIC in Boston ASAP!
Join our team at the IIIC! This is an opportunity for you to assist Irish graduates in their transition to interning in the U.S. for 12 months. This position is a perfect opportunity for anyone interested in international studies and exchange programs. Our programs focus on learning, exchange of ideas and experiences, and leadership development. Be part of a team dedicated to supporting newcomers to this country. Interning with the IIIC provides an opportunity to learn new skills, gain valuable job experience and have fun. Apply straight away if you are interested (See all details on how to do so below).
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
Supporting the Manager of Intern Placements with research, resume review, working with the graduates and educating them on the American internship experience and work ethic, assisting with their success on this 12-month J-1 Internship program, working on logistics for site visits in the Boston and New York areas (you must be based in our office in Boston for this internship). You will also have the chance to help out in other aspects of the program by supporting other team members as needed with call, emails, social media and event organization.
This is an unpaid internship, but we are happy to assist in any requirements that would qualify an eligible intern for course credit.
HERE'S MORE INFO...
• 24-40 hours per week (negotiable - willing to discuss less hours if your schedule cannot accommodate this amount of hours)
• Spring Term: Jan - May/June 2019
• Assisting visa program participants with their internship search
• Reviewing resumes and cover letters
• Researching job opportunities in various fields of study or in cities such as Boston, New York, Chicago, and San Francisco
• Making and receiving telephone calls, interview scheduling, carrying out interviews, filing and data entry
• Database maintenance in recording all correspondence with program participants and employers (Salesforce)
• Managing client communication in a friendly, helpful and professional manner
• Strong attention to detail
• Articulate and self-motivated
• Willingness to learn
• Good interpersonal skills – friendly, helpful, and “can do” attitude
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Competent in using Microsoft Office and Google Apps, with good data entry skills
• Self-motivated, independent, cooperative, detail-orientated and team player with initiative
• A commitment to the overall mission and values of IIIC
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email your resume and cover letter to ------------. Interviews are happening now!
ABOUT THE IRISH INTERNATIONAL IMMIGRANT CENTER
We empower over 3,500 immigrants and refugees annually from more than 120 countries by providing the legal, wellness and educational support they need to build successful lives. Building on our Irish roots of welcoming others and social justice, we help newcomers find community, and we stand up for immigration policies that are humane and just. America is a nation of immigrants, and despite the current political climate, we are proud to continue the tradition of welcoming immigrants to this country and working together to create a better future for all.
Our vision is of a society where all people are welcomed and valued and enjoy equal opportunities and protections. Rooted in the Irish tradition of hospitality, we work to create a safe and welcoming place for people from around the world who come to our Center.
For more information on the Irish International Immigrant Center, please visit ------------
The Irish International Immigrant Center, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages candidates of diverse backgrounds and languages to apply.