Investment Summer Associate
Northern Rock is currently seeking up to four (4) investment summer associates to work from our Cambridge summer office from mid-May to mid-August 2019.
Northern Rock (www.nrockusa.com) is an infrastructure services company that buys, operates, and grows small businesses. It is a mission based company that hires extraordinary U.S. Military veterans with proven leadership experience to manage its subsidiary businesses.
Associates will participate in all aspects of the private equity/corporate development deal process. Associates will be trained on, and offered substantial responsibilities relating to the following tasks:
- Investment modeling
- Target company diligence (with potential travel opportunities)
- Deal structuring
- Deal negotiation
- Banker negotiation/debt raising
- Equity investor interaction and negotiation
- Customer/broker relationship management (CRM)
- Confidential investment memoranda (CIM) analysis
The position will be fast paced, and will offer associates rigorous investment/deal hands-on experience. Associates will have opportunities to interact with Northern Rock's extraordinary team of advisors, investors, and industry partners.
The investment summer associate position is unpaid. Follow-on part-time paid positions are expected to be offered to successful summer associates in the fall.
- Current undergraduate student with a strong interest in private equity investing, and/or investment banking
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and under pressure to achieve tight deadlines
- A desire to support Northern Rock's social mission of developing America's veteran community
Applicants for this position are not required to be veterans.
For more information, please email: info (at) nrockusa (dot) com.
Interested candidates can apply by submitting a resume and a brief cover letter explaining the applicant's interest in the position to: jobs (at) nrockusa (dot) com.
private equity, investment, Harvard, Boston, Construction, veterans, banking, finance