WHO WE ARE:
At Artist Republic, we empower record labels, creative executives and artist entrepreneurs with strategy for an ever-evolving music landscape. We're creatives + strategists raised by the grit and tenacity of NYC, now relaunching to take on the L.A. coast. We're not just a think-tank agency providing consultancy or campaign ideation & executions for managers and recording artists. We're also committed to industry evolution with thought leadership; an arm we provide in collaboration with different service providers ala Spotify, Soundcloud, ASCAP. At the core, we work to drum the Artist Enterprise forward in innovating + connecting + shaping cultural conversations; be it for digital streaming platforms, independent labels, manager consortiums or emerging artists. If you're passionate about strategy, music, and culture like we are, and want to work for a company driven by the pursuit of good ideas, we want to hear from you!
A DAY WITH US:
Artist Republic is seeking a Creative Project Manager Intern as a potential future hire and new addition on the team deepening our imprint in L.A.'s client market. Don't expect paper filing or coffee-running here. You'll be supporting and managing real client-projects while being a true contributor to creative ideation, campaign development and execution. You'll collaborate with a close-knit agile team in managing our social media properties which includes coordinating, creating and optimizing captivating content. You'll spearhead investigative research on market opportunities, key cultural trends and music industry events. This isn't a job chained to a desk either, you'll be an ambassador to the Artist Republic ethos in managing client communication and collaborating with external creative service partners on projects. The occasional team gallivants to concerts, events and restaurants to stay afloat on culture might be required.
YOU'RE GOOD AND EXCITED BY:
• Project Management
• Management of deadlines with competing asks
• Content Creation
• The ability to be independently proactive
• Strategic and analytical thinking
• Details in every form, birds-eye to zoomed in.
• The art and power of storytelling
• Process-centric yet outcomes driven
• Social engagement and interactions
• Stellar communication as a sharp writer and keen articulator
• Artist Development and the landscape of the Recording Business
• An innate ability to vibe professionally with a diverse team and clientele base, including creative executives
STINTS & GIGS THAT MIGHT HAVE SHAPED YOU:
• @ a Record Label
• @ a DSP (Spotify, Soundcloud, Tidal, etc)
• @ a Creative, Ad or PR agency or within Entertainment
• @ Artist Management Team
• @ Music Publishing (ASCAP, BMI or SESAC)
• Social Media Content Creating or Coordination
• Key lead as a Project Manager or Product Manager
YOUR AVATOR AND FRIENDS WILL ATTEST THAT YOU'RE:
• Chill and have a great sense of humor.
• Culturally curious + love urban & sub-cultures
• Ignited by the entrepreneurial grind + start-up environment.
• All about ideas.
• Unafraid to color outside the lines and think outside the box
• Passionate about music, entertainment and the zeitgeist
• A stan for thought leaders including Steve Stoute, Jimmy Iovine or Kevin Liles
• Thrive under pressure.
• A digital native & maverick/ maven
• Dictated by high sensibilities and aesthetics.
BOOKOO POINTS FOR:
• Having a Macbook
• Having 15 hours per week to dedicate.
• The occasional need for graphic design work might be needed. Huge plus for video and graphic editing capabilities.
• A dope playlist and passionate interests.
• Personal values for grit, tenacity, audacity.
This is an unpaid internship with a stipend of $500 a month. We hope the new addition to the team will want to grow with us – there's room for potential full-time hire in 2020.
Our office is located at 7080 Hollywood Blvd. Flexible scheduling, adaptable for those who have another hustle, which we respect as well. Reach out and say hello!
To land this gig, we're looking for someone who's inspired and activated. Shoot us an email with your resume and cover letter celebrating why you're a good fit. Say hello ;)
You can find a bit more about what we do here:
Music, Entertainment, Record, Agency, Creative, Business, Social Media, Content Creating