Retail Marketing and Merchandising Intern
J&P Cycles, the world’s largest multichannel retailer of motorcycle parts and accessories, is looking for a marketing and merchandising intern to assist with the digital and eCommerce experience of the brand’s website. The eCommerce intern position is a dynamic and wide-ranging role – reporting to the marketing and merchandising manager and assisting with all facets of eCommerce - merchandising, content writing, and image management, liaising with third-parties and enhancing the customer experience across all touch-points.
• Writing website product and category copy, in collaboration with merchants and digital marketing experts.
• Assist with site uploads including new products, product copy, photography and other product marketing/creative assets.
• Assist with product sample management for content creation (photography, video, articles)
• Project managing creative projects in collaboration with creative department and digital marketers
• Editing articles and assisting digital marketing content producers to complete, document and syndicate content
• Assist in trafficking assets and writing communications to sales channel leaders in call center, retail stores, etc.
• Assist with product sales and marketing reporting including sell through reports and Google Analytics traffic/sales reports.
What we offer:
• Competitive hourly wage
• Fun and relaxed company culture
• Opportunity for flexible work schedule around school/class requirements
• Employee discount program
The Ideal Candidate:
• Is working towards an undergraduate or graduate degree in marketing, merchanding, retail management and/or ecommerce from an accredited college or university.
• Is available 5 days per week during the semester or summer (June-August; Sept-Dec; Jan-May timing) – must be available a minimum of 3 days per week
• Strong interest in motorcycling, performance gear/apparel, retail and/or ecommerce space.
• Experience with Excel, Jira/Confluence, Adobe Creative Suite and/or Google Analytics a plus.
• Highly organized, detail-oriented, excellent writing and communications skills, professionalism and superior time-management skills preferred.
• Licensed motorcycle rider preferred, but not required.