Interior Design Intern
Jessica Lagrange Interiors is a high-end, full service residential interior architecture and design firm with a pleasant, collaborative work atmosphere. The projects we select are diverse and located primarily in the Chicagoland area and beyond. Our clients enjoy the personal attention and classic, yet forward thinking, design we offer.
• Direct collaboration with the Principal and Senior Designers to develop conceptual designs and see long-term design projects with high-end clientele from concept to completion.
• Strengths must include sourcing, selecting, and specifying furnishings, finishes, and fixtures new, antique, and custom.
• Drive project coordination through communication with vendors, GCs, clients, etc.
• Sound knowledge and experience of construction document sets required as well as custom millwork and furniture design; architectural finishes and details.
• Preparation of material and finish schedules as well as site supervision, construction management and vendor expediting.
• Highly detailed and organized and want to take charge of a project with limited supervision.
Upperclassmen level preferred although a highly qualified younger student will be considered
• AutoCAD aptitude and space planning strength are a MUST
• Knowledge of local/national vendors and strength in sketching are a PLUS
• Must have a valid drivers license
Intern for the Summer/Fall 2018 and Spring 2019 semester(s) at high-end, residential interior design firm. Intern will be mentored and exposed to the entire design process as well as firm operations such as marketing.
• Assisting Junior and Senior level designers with projects (preparing client presentations and meetings, working on CAD drawings, site visits and measures, as well as additional activities).
• Library maintenance (sample organization, vendor meetings, Mart and other vendor trips, accessory purchasing).
Fall/Winter Hours: Monday-Friday: 8:30am-5:30pm
Summer Hours: Monday-Thursday: 8:30am-5:30pm, Friday: 8:30am-1:30pm
Please contact us at: ------------ with your cover letter, resume and portfolio sample.
Internship, interior design, residential interior design