Interior Design Internship
Currently looking to hire a highly motivated and creative intern looking to get hands-on experience and be an essential part of the entire design process. Part time internship available with a Port Washington based interior designer with a fast growing practice, focusing on high end residential interiors with current projects in NYC, London, Florida, Vermont, Long Island (Nassau County and the Hamptons). We are also participating in the 2019 Hamptons Designer Showhouse, which we hope our intern will be actively involved in.
Daily tasks will vary greatly - intern may be asked to visit showrooms to source materials for client presentations, direct contact with vendors for pricing/quotes/lead times, create/revise floor plans and elevations using AutoCAD, help fine tune presentations (InDesign), social media, organize samples/material library, and attend client meetings. Every day is different, and position can grow into a permanent position for the right person.
- Full or part-time student working towards a degree
- Proficient in AutoCAD, InDesign, Photoshop, all Microsoft Office programs
- Proficiency in Sketchup and other 3D software a plus
- Must be able to work a minimum of 14 hours a week (two full days preferred)
- Internship is paid through a weekly stipend and school credit
- Must have own transportation; transportation for work related tasks will be reimbursed
- Must have own computer with the following software: AutoCAD, Photoshop, InDesign
- Experience with social media
- Great attitude and enthusiasm and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Team player
Position is part time and flexible, hours can be discussed but will be weekdays during the hours of 9am-6pm. Occasional weekend hours may be required if working on the designer show house. If this is something you are interested in we would love to speak with you further! Please respond with your cover letter, resume, and portfolio (examples of CAD work required).
We look forward to hearing from you!
interior design, interiors, design