Social Media Intern
Love Ourselves, Love Others, LLC and its non-profit organization, Project Lolo, is seeking innovative and socially-minded college students interested in a work study program to intern for our social media department.
THIS IS US:
We are a globally-thinking and good-will directed e-commerce site that sells children’s books and runs a global, non-profit that helps kids, based out of Minneapolis with an affiliate site in Seattle. We are a passionate team of social entrepreneurs in a small-sized established e-commerce company along with our global, non-profit organization. We believe in making the world a better place through our products and our non-profit.
We are looking for innovative Social Media interns to join us in making the world a better place. We have fun and we are innovative as we are quickly growing and evolving. We work remotely from our headquarters in Minneapolis and Seattle locations. Our ideal candidate would work remotely and could be based in either Minneapolis or Seattle or really, anywhere in the United States.
THIS IS YOU:
Our ideal intern is a self-directed individual with a strong work ethic who works well with the team or can manage projects alone as well. We are fun, flexible, and ask that you are too! We are growing and evolving so we will ask you to handle miscellaneous work-related requests from time to time, so you need to have the flexibility to understand that your job is all about consistently managing expectations while working under deadlines.
We want you to knowledge of and experience in the top social media channels and understand the importance of social media as part of our marketing. We also would love for you to learn about how social media plays into SEO and Content Marketing.
Interning as a part of our Social team, you will be responsible for developing social media content in alignment with our company’s and non-profit’s voice and posting on our social media including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and more. You will be focused on increasing organic Likes and user engagement while managing our Google Ads grant.
THESE ARE SOME SPECIFICS:
*Creating, maintaining, and executing our 2019 marketing calendars with on-going communication with leadership;
*Developing / writing / editing content for all channels to ensure consistent messaging is delivered;
* Continue to grow expert knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Blogging, Yelp, and any other emerging social media networks;
*Analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results, including our compliance with our Google Ads grant;
* Staying current with trends, news, and changes within all social networks;
* Ready & eager to learn about our brands and industries from the ground up;
* Able to learn new project management & scheduling tools and
* Excited to learn & grow from the leadership team.
THESE ARE YOUR QUALIFICATIONS:
- College student seeking work study opportunity
- Must be enrolled in a university that allows for academic credit
- Related major to marketing or a reason for why you want this internship if your major is not related
- Possess familiarity with Mac and PC platforms, as well as cloud based software
- Attention to detail, timeliness, and professionalism
- Excellent verbal, written, and people skills
- Looking for a company to grow with into a full time job
THESE ARE THE PERKS:
Flexible schedule, but if you are not a morning person, we don't blame you. Just make sure you are reliable and we can count on you.
This position has the potential for a paid position following the internship.
THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
Please submit a resume and cover letter telling us about you and why this interests you. Be you. Be creative!
Social Media, Internship, Digital Marketing, Social Media Intern,