Home Design & Staging Intern
Summary of Position:
The Home Design and Staging Intern for Design to Sell will be assisting the Design Lead on all phases of interior design, home staging, and design build/remodel projects. The ideal candidate will be responsible and reliable, possess great communication and organizational skills, and will exemplify an ambitious self- starter, go-getter attitude.
Start Date: January 2020
· Assist design lead with design project plans and installations
· Coordinate deliveries and installations
· Field measuring
· Oversee and log existing inventory
· Handle special administrative projects and assist with overflow work
· Prepare inventory for project installations
· Other key responsibilities may include performing administrative and office support activities, maintaining spreadsheets/data entry, filing, and Internet research
Required Skills and Qualifications:
· 10-20 hours a week of flexible availability to work out of our office in Venice, CA, or on job sites in the surrounding Los Angeles area
· Currently enrolled in a design-focused program with an accredited school (*consideration will be given to applicants enrolled in non-design focused programs, but with a demonstrated interest in design)
· Valid Driver’s License and dependable transportation
· Working knowledge of design concepts such as, space planning, furniture, fixtures and product research
· Works well within a team environment and independently
· Ability to multi-task and effectively meet deadlines
· Reliability, resourcefulness and adaptability
· Strong verbal, written, and organizational skills
Design to Sell is a boutique design company offering a full home styling service for residential and commercial real estate. Our philosophy is creating unique spaces which evoke a relaxed coastal lifestyle.
Not everyone can imagine a home’s potential or life in a new space. Real estate is no longer just about selling four walls, but selling a lifestyle. We are experts in space and light. It’s not about individual pieces but creating a mood and lifestyle that connect with the buyer. We sell the endless summer. A Saturday afternoon grilling with friends. The lazy Sunday morning reading the NY Times. It’s all about evoking a feeling and connection with buyers as they walk through that front door.
*About our Team
Please submit your resume and a cover letter detailing the skills and qualifications you have that qualify you for this internship, to ------------. *Note: this is a for-credit internship. A commitment of 10-20 hours a week is required.
home staging, home design, interior design, graphic design