Founded in Oakville, California in 1885 and restored in 1979, Far Niente is consistently recognized as a benchmark producer of Napa Valley Chardonnay and Oakville Estate Cabernet Sauvignon. A dedication to winemaking in its highest form, paired with a focus on house style, vineyard ownership, social responsibility and legendary hospitality, has established Far Niente as one of the world's great wine estates.
Over the years, four exceptional wineries have been proudly added to the Far Niente Family of Wineries and Vineyards: Established in 1989, Dolce is the only American winery dedicated to producing a single late harvest wine. Our second Oakville winery, Nickel & Nickel, focuses on 100-percent varietal, single-vineyard wines from some of Napa Valley’s finest vineyard appellations. In 2007, we launched EnRoute, which is committed to crafting focused, textured Pinot Noir from the Russian River Valley. Bella Union is our youngest winery and specializes in creating a single Cabernet Sauvignon from carefully selected Napa Valley vineyards.
EnRoute/Bella Union Winery is seeking Harvest Interns to assist the Production Team in all facets of wine processing. Join our dynamic harvest team and become part of the Far Niente Family!
• Grape receival, crushing, pressing, rackings, and, pomace-transfers.
• Pumpovers, barrel prep/filling, sanitation, and general winery operations.
• Inoculations, pumpovers, barrel prep/filling, sanitation, and general winery operations.
• Assists where required during busy harvest season; works long hours as required at harvest. May include night shift and weekend work.
• Organize and maintain winemaking projects in conjunction with the winemaking team.
• Perform all job functions in strict adherence to company Health and Safety protocols, and in accordance with quality control standards and standard equipment operating procedures.
• Assists where required during busy harvest season; works long hours as required at harvest.
• Prior cellar experience desired.
• College degree in related field.
• Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
• Valid DL and clean DMV.
• Ability to accurately perform basic mathematical calculations.
• Ability to accurately complete work instructions individually or in a team.
• Attention to detail and a commitment to product quality.
• Commitment to excellence and high standards.
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time. Job duties are performed primarily from a standing position.
• Full body mobility: Ability to stand; walk; sit; use tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, kneel.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.