MILLER PR INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
The Miller PR Promise:
We are committed and dedicated in providing you a great experience in your internship. We ensure to provide you with a dedicated manager who sees you through your internship to give you the best and most rewarding experience.
Throughout your internship duration, we plan to provide 5 different experiences:
1. PR experience on site of an event.
Our firm provides PR services for clients who host events such as charity, red carpet, and concerts.
2. Write a client pitch.
a. This is a great opportunity to write a pitch for our publicists to use to promote a client.
3. Pitch to local and/or regional outlets.
a. Learn how we execute call downs and how to speak to press.
4. Sit in on a client meeting
a. Learn how to communicate with clients, what they expect, and how to plan for what’s ahead.
5. Have a one-on-one meeting with our CEO.
Take the opportunity to sit down with Dawn Miller to ask any industry or PR related questions.
At Miller PR we thrive on success by holding ourselves to a high standard. Our expectations for interns are simple but enforced:
• Reliable, show up to your shift on time
o If you are to be late, contact your manager to inform them
• Meeting deadlines
• Doing good quality work
• Positive energy in the office setting
• Eagerness to help and be involved with publicists on their accounts
• Honesty and integrity
1. In the morning, check with the team and CEO if there are any pressing tasks or updates
2. Scans for our high-profile clients- this must be complete by 10am
3. Scans for all clients done by 12pm
4. Email all scans to their particular alias including:
a. Article title
b. Article link
c. UMV count
d. UMV total
5. All scans must be organized properly on coverage trackers
6. When new magazines arrive, scan through immediately and inform team of any client mentions, scan on scanner and send to client alias email
7. (Only Wednesdays) Pick up weekly mags and scan for client photos or mentions, scan on scanner and send to client alias email
8. Clippings- must be done each month, in spare time work on client clip books
9. Research: Look in magazines, online pages, and newspapers for editors/writers that are fitting for our clients
10. Help publicists with urgent client matters
We want to make the best of your internship so you are helping us while we help you. Please inform your manager of your goals and interests so we can apply your passions to the type of work available. You will get the best hands-on experience learning from seasoned team members!
In the case of an event where we bring interns in to shadow managers and learn, we expect professionalism and proper representation of the firm. Quick thinking, organization, and efficiency are all expected on site. Please dress professionally.
Miller PR requires all employees, contractors, and interns to abide to a confidentiality and property agreement ensuring that all information about our clients and company remain secure. This also includes any information and access to Miller PR accounts including but not limited to; email accounts, google accounts, hard drives, and dropbo
Internship, PR, Entertainment, Hospitality, Intern, Hollywood, California, Los angeles