Greenhouse Operations Intern
GREENHOUSE OPERATIONS INTERN
Fort Collins, Colorado
The Greenhouse Operations Intern assists the Head Grower with all care and maintenance of the company’s products that are produced for wholesale or retail sales. The Intern will be trained by the Head Grower in technical procedures, greenhouse operations, and cannabis development.
• Assist Head Grower with propagating seeds and cutting clones from mother plants.
• Assist Head Grower with watering plants, maintaining proper temperature and humidity within the greenhouses, and ensuring there is sufficient air flow in the greenhouses.
• Top and prune plants once they reach height that Head Grower determines.
• Assist with de-fanning throughout entire crop as Head Grower determines necessary.
• Assist with harvesting, which includes cutting down plants, hanging plants to dry, and pulling remaining stalks out of the soil.
• Log data points that Head Grower determines necessary throughout the day.
• Collect weekly samples to be submitted to the lab for potency testing.
• Assists the Head Grower with other duties as assigned.
• Student pursuing a 4-year degree in Horticulture or related field.
• Ability to work in conditions typically found in a greenhouse with high humidity and varying temperatures, with a fair amount of moisture present.
• Ability to exert up to 15‐50 pounds occasionally, 20 pounds of force frequently and 10 pounds of force constantly in order to lift and move product.
• Ability to balance, reach and grasp while climbing on a step stool and/or ladder.
• Ability to crouch, grasps, and lift product above shoulders in order to lift product from the floor properly.
• Ability to be on feet while performing job responsibilities.
• Ability to sit for long periods of time depending on your position and/or getting up and down through your work shift.
REQUIRED WORK SCHEDULE
• This position requires a 15‐hour minimum work week
• Report to Head Grower.
• Work closely with peer and other employees in the company.
COMPANY POLICY/PROCEDURES COMPLIANCE
Follow all company policies and procedures as well as local, state and federal laws concerning employment to include, but not limited to: I‐9 information, EEOC, Civil Rights and ADA.
This job description highlights the main components of the Greenhouse Operations Intern but is not inclusive of all activities that may be required.
hemp, cannabis, CBD, horticulture, plant biology