Graduate Student Public Policy Internship
The National Consumer Voice for Quality Long-Term Care, a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization in Washington, DC, offers a graduate student internship in public policy for Spring 2019. The Consumer Voice was founded by Elma L. Holder in 1975 to protect the rights, safety, and dignity of America’s long-term care residents. For more than 40 years, the organization has worked with its members to carry out its mission to inform, educate, and empower consumers; equip citizen groups and ombudsman programs to be effective advocates for residents; and promote best practices in care delivery and the enforcement of quality standards. This is an excellent opportunity to learn about long-term care and advocacy while building your portfolio.
The position requires a time commitment of 15-20 hours per week. There is a stipend offered for this internship and we are happy to assist students receive academic credit for their internship. Candidates must be enrolled in a graduate degree program and have exceptional writing and computer skills, research knowledge, and willingness to work on a wide range of projects. This is a fantastic opportunity to learn about the inner workings of a nonprofit organization, engage in grassroots advocacy, and gain valuable member development and fundraising skills.
Consumer Voice is located at 1001 Connecticut Ave. NW, Washington, DC – just a short walk from Farragut North metro stop.
- Research and analysis of public policy issues;
- Writing issue brief, white papers, policy updates and newsletter articles
- Assist creating advocacy and education materials;
- Consult with consumers and advocates on relevant issues;
- Assist in development of the Consumer Voice website information and create blast - - E-mail campaigns;
- Attend relevant events and meetings;
- Contribute to other writing, research, policy and communications work as-needed;
- Conduct administrative tasks as assigned.
To Apply:Submit a cover letter, resume and brief writing sample (no longer than 3 pages) to xxx-xxx-xxxx
**NO CALLS, PLEASE**
public policy, Internship, graduate student, communication